The eggplant along with the zucchini or pepper, one of the vegetables that are used to make them stuffed, because by their shape, they lend themselves well to this preparation. Today we are going to give you a recipe of stuffed aubergines easy and fast that you’re going to be surprised by the ease of their preparation and because they are delicious. And if you do not domináis this vegetable is so common in the mediterranean diet, do not miss our tips for cooking eggplant.
Ingredients for four people
- 4 medium eggplants
- 200 grams of minced meat (50% pork and 50% beef)
- 100 grams of ham
- 100 grams of serrano ham
- 1 can of corn, cooked
- 200 grams of fried tomato
- Salt to taste
- A glass of sherry for cooking
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley chopped
Steps of Eggplant stuffed, easy and fast
- Cut the boiled ham and the serrano into small pieces. Reserve.
- Put to heat a frying pan to the fire with a bed of oil, and when hot, add the minced beef, give a few laps, add the garlic and onion powder, as well as the parsley, and season to taste.
- While the meat is cooking, we start by half the eggplant, lengthwise, and took out the meat. Reserve covered both the trays as the meat of your interior so that it will not rust.
- Add to the pan the meat of the eggplant cut into small pieces, and stir. We add the two types of ham, and corn (drained).
- Pour the glass of sherry for cooking, stir and let it cook until you see that it is ligand.
- Add the tomato sauce, and stir. Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill the trays of the eggplant.
- Put it in the microwave for 10 minutes at medium power, or in the conventional oven pre-heated for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Notes and tips
Usually, the eggplant is cut in the longitudinal direction, however, you can also cut this another way: by cutting the two ends (the stem, which will serve as a lid, and the other, that will be the basis on which it is seated), so that you are standing on the plate instead of lying, and prepare the same way. If you want to enrich the dish, you can add a mashed potatoes or a white sauce over it and cheese, and put it back in the oven for a few minutes to broil. Credits-Shutterstock.