There are many books of recipes, but also there are books which, without being a kitchen, give us some ideas about gastronomy. A case is “south seas” of Vázquez Montalván. In this novel appears a delicious recipe of eggplant cream. This is a delicious dish of vegetables that will delight everyone.
Eggplant is a vegetable with a flavor that is very characteristic and intense. It is also a food very versatile, with which we have already seen several recipes. On this occasion we will throw in seafood and ham, so you have an extra supply of animal protein, but so delicious and healthy. Do you dare to try it?
Ingredients for 4 people
- Eggplant – 3 units
- Ham – 200 grams
- Prawns – 250 grams
- Onion – half unit
- Milk – 750 ml
- Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Grated cheese
How to make the recipe for Eggplant cream
- We begin by washing the eggplants and cutting them into slices of 1 centimetre thick. Salt and reserve.
- Then we removed the heads of the prawns and reserve. Take two cloves of garlic and sofreimos in a frying pan with a good splash of oil. When the garlic is golden, we incorporated the heads of shrimp. While making the heads of the prawns over a medium heat, peel the bodies. Cut the ham into small pieces and reserve.
- When the heads are done, pull them out and toss in a pan with a little water. Bake for about 10 minutes to get a good broth. Put the eggplant in water to remove the excess salt and dry them.
- We take the slices of eggplant and put them in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it at full power for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the onion into small pieces. We also take this time to saute the tails of the prawns in the pan that we have used before.
- When the tails of the prawns are done, the remove and saute the onions to the béchamel sauce. When it starts to brown, add a knob of butter, stir a little and add two tablespoons of flour. Stir and add pepper and nutmeg. Add the milk gradually, stirring in no time. We salt to taste, and the broth of the heads of shrimp.
- The time comes to prepare the tray. We put a little oil in the bottom. We put a base of eggplant and toss over the shrimp and the ham. Pour a bit of béchamel sauce and put another layer of eggplant. We put a good layer of béchamel and grated cheese.
- Put the tray in the oven, which we preheated to 200º. We feature gratin and bake until the cheese is golden brown. Remove it and serve hot.
Notes and Tips
You can opt, also, by frying the eggplant gives it a touch more juicy.
Be careful with the point of salt, don’t forget that the recipe calls for ham, and that room a lot.
If you liked this recipe for Eggplant with creamed Vegetable recipes