Rice with Mushrooms
Rice is one of the ingredients the star of our page, so much so, that we’ve used to develop dozens of recipes, both savory dishes, as in the case of our sushi home, and also in sweet recipes, such as the traditional rice with milk. If you want to see many other preparations in that rice is the prominent ingredient, I invite you to take a look at our section of Rice and Vegetables or to make use of our search engine.
The recipe that is today we propose consists of a rice with mushrooms, a dish very easy to prepare with which you can enjoy all the flavor and aroma of this mushroom. Each serving will provide you with a good dose of energy with which to face the rest of the day, in addition to important nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
If recently you are beginning to make contact with the kitchen, our recipes will be of great help, because in each of them I share a detailed step-by-step, both in video format and in writing, with we are confident that the preparation of our dishes will not present any difficulty. If so, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help.
Do you want to know how to prepare this delicious rice with mushrooms? Let’s go with the recipe!
Ingredients [For 4 people]:
- Rice – 300 grams
- Onion – 1 unit
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
- Mushrooms – 250 grams
- Carrot – 100 grams
- Peas – 120 grams
- Tomato sauce – 90 grams
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable broth – 1 litre
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
Preparation of the Recipe
- First, peel the garlic cloves and chop finely.
- Cut the onion in half, remove the skin and chop each half finely.
- With the help of a peeler, remove the skin of the carrot and cut it into small pieces.
- Pour the vegetable broth in a saucepan and bring to the heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the three ingredients that we have just processed. We also a pinch of salt. Cook, over medium heat, stirring regularly, until softened.
- Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth. It is important to do so because if we wash them under the tap will absorb a large amount of water which would cause them to lose flavor and aroma. If you want to know more I recommend you take a look at our article; “How to clean mushrooms properly”.
- Once we have them clean, cut them into slices with a thickness of approximately between 2 and 3 millimeters.
- When the vegetables that we have in the skillet are tender, add the mushrooms. Continue cooking until they lose some of their water and soften.
- Then, toss the tomato sauce, rice, and ground pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the vegetable broth and stir. Cook, over medium heat, maintaining a boil moderately until the rice is tender.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, add the peas and mix to distribute evenly. We continue cooking.
- When the rice is on point, remove the pan from fire and serve.
Notes and Tips
The cooking time will depend on the type of rice used, whether it is a white rice it is usual that it will be ready in 15-20 minutes. If you use a brown rice, you should cook it between 30 and 40 minutes.