Rice with peas
Today we bring you a very easy recipe to prepare with which you will obtain a delicious dish of rice with vegetables on the peas acquire a privileged role. From the nutritional point of view, this is a dish very nourishing, with which you will be able to enjoy the many properties they contain all the ingredients that we have used to carry out its preparation. Take care of your body, nourishing it with this rich recipe.
In our section of rice dishes, you can find other recipes in which rice is the main ingredient, it is the case of our rice the american way, or our rice with chicken and beans home.
INGREDIENTS [for 4 people]:
- Cloves of garlic – 3 units
- Onion – 1 unit
- Cooked peas, canned – 200 grams
- Artichokes – 5 units
- Rice – 250 grams
- Lemon juice – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable broth – 1.5 liters
- Parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
PREPARATION OF THE RECIPE
- We start our recipe by peeling and chopping finely the garlic and the onion. Do the same with the carrot.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and start to fry the ingredients just chop. We remind you that, if possible, we will use pans respectful with our body and with food. In this regard, I invite you to go deeper in this topic through our article; “Pans, What to buy? Choose well-taking care of your health”.
- While these ingredients are pochan, clean the artichokes and cut them into pieces. If you have questions about the proper way of cleaning them, I invite you to look on the video of the recipe.
- Once you have it clean, we added them to the pan. Season. Continue cooking over medium heat.
- We heat the vegetable broth in a saucepan.
- When the artichokes are tender, add to the pan the rice. Mix.
- After the rice, add the hot broth to the pan.
- At this point, we also add the cooked peas, lemon juice (you can add the juice of half a lemon or a whole one, to our taste), and chopped parsley. Stir.
- Cook until the rice has absorbed almost all the broth or until tender.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
NOTES AND TIPS
If you use white rice the cooking time will be about 20 minutes. However, if we make use of brown rice, the cooking time may come to be doubled, so we have to be attentive for, if necessary, add more water to the pan.