Today we bring you a delicious recipe of rice with vegetables homemade. A dish very well balanced and full of health and good food. We have prepared a recipe with numerous and varied vegetables, which provide large amount of nutrients to our body. In addition, the rice is rich in carbohydrates, that will bring us the necessary energy to face the rest of the day. On the whole, the result is a dish very nutritious and full of flavor, which, without doubt, will satisfy the taste of all diners.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- Rice – 300 grams
- Red pepper – 1 unit
- Cauliflower – 300 grams
- Brussels sprouts – 150 grams
- Olive oil – 6 tablespoons
- Beans – 200 grams
- mushrooms – 250 grams
- Garlic tienros or garlic – 8 units
- Carrot – 1 unit
- Asparagus – 10 units
- Saffron – 0.1 grams
- Tomato sauce – 150 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1500 ml
Preparation of the rice with vegetables recipe
- In the first place, we cut in half the red pepper. What despepitamos and put it in a baking dish with a little oil. Season.
- Cut the cauliflower in small bouquets and put them in the same font as the pepper.
- Put the source in the preheated oven and bake at 200ºC until both ingredients are tender.
- Then, we clean and cut the garlic into pieces of medium size. Remove the hard part of the asparagus and cut also the same size as the garlic. Finally, peel and slice the carrot.
- We take the three ingredients in a pan, in which we will have pre-heated olive oil. Season. Pochamos until all ingredients are softened a bit.
- Add to the pan with the brussels sprouts and lima beans. Mix and continue cooking until the ingredients are just incorporated to soften.
- Clean the mushrooms and chop. Add to the pan along with the rest of the ingredients. We continue cooking.
- When the pepper and the cauliflower are tender, take them out of the oven. Peel the pepper and cut it into strips. Reserve. It is possible that the cauliflower has to stay in the oven a few more minutes, since it takes longer to cook than the peppers.
- When the cauliflower is ready, remove from the oven and toss in the pan.
- In another pan, put a little oil, add rice and tomato sauce. Cook on a gentle heat until the rice absorbs all the tomato. At that point, add the rice to the pan with the vegetables. Mix.
- Finally, add the water, a little salt and the saffron. Mix.
- Cook, over medium heat, until the rice has absorbed almost all the water and is tender.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, spread over the rice with the strips of roasted pepper.
- Finished cooking, remove the pan from the heat and cover with a cloth or newspaper. We keep it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Notes for the Rice with vegetables
If you use vegetable frozen you must add it to the pan directly, without thawing. If you use brown rice the cooking time is greater than that of white rice, so it is possible that you may have to add a little more water.