This is a recipe for lovers of experimentation, for those who want to open their mind and try different things. Regardless of whether you are vegan or not, this dish will surprise you greatly.
The recipe that I propose is that of a roll of gluten, stuffed tofu and sausages, vegetables, and topped with a few slices of tempeh. In addition, and to finish off this great recipe, we have accompanied the roast with some potatoes and some roasted vegetables. The result is a plate of ten.
We warn you that this is a recipe for those who love to spend a few hours preparing a dish. If you are looking for quick dishes to prepare, this is not for you.
Ingredients for Roasted veg with boiled potatoes and vegetables 1 unit
- Wheat Gluten – 1 cup
- Soy textured fine – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves of garlic
- Chickpeas cooked – 1 cup
- Brewers yeast – 1/3 cup
- Basil – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 200ml
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/2 pepper
The cheese of tofu:
- Tofu in block – 500g
- Cashew nuts roasted – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
The lining and cover:
- Sausage – 4 large
- Onions shallot – 10
- Small potatoes – 12
- Carrot – 3
- Mushrooms – 200g
- White wine – 250ml
- Water – 500ml
- Soy sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Tempeh – 3 slices
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Sweet paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon
How to make the recipe for Roast veg with boiled potatoes and vegetables
- First, put the cashews to soak in hot water, for half an hour, to soften. In a pan we heat 3 tablespoons of oil. Chop fine the onion and garlic and fry until softened.
- In a large bowl, put the wheat gluten and the soy textured and reserve.
- Once soft cashew nuts, prepare the cheese tofu. Put all ingredients in a blender and process until the mixture is of creamy texture.
- Once we have the onion and garlic, tenderized, you’re kicked into the grinder along with the rest of the ingredients for the seitan (with the exception of soy textured and gluten that we have in the bowl). Grind until very fine.
- Pour the ingredients, just mash in the bowl with the gluten and soy. Mix well. Knead until you get a slippery texture.
- On the working table, turn the dough and, with the help of a roller, the roll up to form a square of about 40 X 40 centimeters.
- On the seitan, spread a layer of tofu without going to the extremes of the mass of seitan. We will use a third of the cheese tofu.
- On the tofu, and separated from each other (about 3 centimeters), we put two sausages over the dough.
- We handed out more tofu over the hot dogs and the sides, forming a kind of formwork. Remember not to go to extremes to not costing us close the roll.
- We put two other sausages separated from each other. There is that put them on the same site that we have put the two sausages earlier. We put the rest of the tofu, covering the sausages, and, forming a cylinder thick.
- Finally, fold the seitan over the block of tofu to wrap it. First fold toward the center the sides. Then fold the bottom end, and, finally, fold the top end to cover the other ends that we have in the center.
- Once we have formed our roll wrap twice in aluminum foil, and put it to steam for 60 minutes. Halfway through cooking, remove the lid to the cocedera, and we turn to our roll.
- While our roll bakes, prepare the side dish that will accompany the roll of seitan. Peel the shallots, peel and slice in thick slices the potatoes. Do the same with the carrot. Wash and cut the mushrooms by half. Put all ingredients in a large bowl to oven, minus the mushrooms, which will add towards the end of cooking.
- We watered the vegetables with the water, the white wine and the soy sauce, and sprinkle on a little salt and paprika, Bake at 200º for one hour, or more, until the vegetables are tender. When they are about 20 minutes of cooking add the mushrooms. We need to stir the vegetables occasionally to brown equally, and we will monitor the level of fluid if I had to add more water. In terms of get the vegetables in the oven, we will proceed with the formed of a roll of seitan.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients.
- Once the vegetables are almost ready, remove the aluminum foil from our roll, we took the source with the vegetables from the oven, we put our roll in the center of the source. Before you put it in the oven, and with the help of a brush kitchen, refinish the roll at the top and the sides with a part of the marinade, put on the slices of tempeh and turn to varnish with the rest of the marinade.
- Put back the pan to the oven and continue baking 15 or 20 minutes more, until the tempeh is lightly browned.
- We will serve our roll, cut into thick slices, accompanied by a side dish and watered everything with a little of the salsa that we must have been at the source of the oven.
Some important notes:
It is important to start to stretch the dough for seitan as soon as it is elastic, because if we expect too much, it will cost us more work. If you liked this recipe of Roasted veg with boiled potatoes and vegetables find more on Vegetables Recipes