Rice is one of the ingredients that the more presence you have in the cookbook of the Naked kitchen, what we’ve used in many recipes, both sweet and savory. As an example of why we have dishes like our mixed paella, which is characterized by an aroma and taste delicious, and our version of the traditional rice with milk, one of the desserts that usually does not miss the table of the spaniards.
In the recipe that I propose today we are going to teach you to prepare a rice with corn and cream, is a dish typical of the various countries of Central america, which is characterized by its simplicity and great taste. For those who are not familiar with the term, “corn”, it is the name given to the corn cob. For this recipe you can use for both sweet corn as well as dry or canned. Faced with the impossibility of achieving this tender, we have chosen to use a tinned corn, in addition to that it is easy to find and very affordable, you can incorporate it directly to the stew without prior cooking.
Despite its simplicity, this is a dish that you will be surprised by its pleasant taste and texture. If you like the corn in our page you can find other recipes made with this precious ingredient, as it is the case, among others, the cachapa venezolana, or of our rich biscuits made of corn and chocolate. If you want to discover other interesting elaborations do not hesitate to make use of the search engine that encontraréiss in the top right of our page.
Do you want to learn how to prepare a rich rice with cream and corn?
Ingredients for 4 people:
- White rice – 300 grams
- Butter – 100 grams
- Maize porridge – 150 grams
- Vegetable broth – 1 litre
- Liquid cream – 150 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Onion – 1 unit
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
Preparation of the Recipe
- First, peel the garlic cloves and crush with the help of the ricer. If we do not have this tool, we can chop the garlic finely with the help of a knife.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Put the butter in a pan to heat over medium heat.
- When melted, add the cloves of garlic and brown them slightly.
- Then, we incorporate the onion, and a pinch of salt, Continue cooking, on medium heat, so that the onion softens.
- When the onion is tender, add the rice and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now, add the cooked sweetcorn and saute two minutes more.
- Then, pour the liquid cream and the vegetable broth. Cook, over medium heat, maintaining a boil moderately, until the rice is ready.
- Once the rice has absorbed almost all the broth from cooking, and the grain is tender, remove the pan from the heat and serve im median tely.
Notes & Tips
You can also prepare this dish with various types of rice, among them, comprehensive. If you use the latter you must bear in mind that your cooking time is far superior to white rice, so that you will have to add more amount of vegetable broth.